Hi On 1/3/22 18:40, Hans de Goede wrote: > So we do eventually get an IRQ request for a pin using the GPIO controller > internal interrupt-line 0. But the IRQ triggers at least once before then and > even though we haven't set a handler yet, calling generic_handle_irq for the > GPIO-chips irqdomain, offset 0 IRQ does manage to silence the interrupt. > > I've been tracing this through the kernel code and AFAICT we end up in: > > arch/x86/kernel/irq.c: ack_bad_irq() in this case: > > Which means that this message should show up in dmesg: > > if (printk_ratelimit()) > pr_err("unexpected IRQ trap at vector %02x\n", irq); > > Can you confirm this? Also can you share the full dmesg output of this > device (with both patches, with dyndbg option) ? > Hmm.. don't see it. Attached dmesg_20220103 is with both yesterday's patches. > Note what we are seeing here is basically a spurious IRQ. Except on a few > known broken devices the cherryview pinctrl code relies on the BIOS having > configured things so that there are no spurious IRQs. I've attached a > quick hack which activates the workaround for known broken devices > unconditionally. This replace my previous 2 patches. I expect this to > fix things too. > > If you can make some time to give this one a test too that would be > great, then we have some options on how to fix this :) > Hack patch booted too. Attached dmesg_20220104-hack is from this test. Jarkko