* XCP Community Call #2
@ 2010-07-06 15:57 Stephen Spector
       [not found] ` <652FFB2C8F91E3428799B1FFF8B490C9857C25CFB1-7ismNY5x4TfeU4JHVX8hdHnr0TU713UqXqFh9Ls21Oc@public.gmane.org>
From: Stephen Spector @ 2010-07-06 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-api-GuqFBffKawuULHF6PoxzQEEOCMrvLtNR,
	xen-devel-GuqFBffKawuULHF6PoxzQEEOCMrvLtNR

Tomorrow is the XCP Community Call which will be dial-up as well as IRC chat, information below:

Meeting Date:  July 7, 2010
Time:  2:00 pm UK (London) /9:00 am US EST
Location: IRC #xen-api on Freenode
Dial-In: 1.888.371.8921  Code: 275279

International Toll Free Numbers:
http://btconferencing.com/citrix/globalaccess/

Agenda:

*    Status of XCP 0.5 Testing/Release
*    XCP Support for libvirt

*         Compatibility with XenServer, especially regarding XenCenter, Linux Guest Support (package including templates and other tools).
*    Cloud Frontends / APIs
o    Eucalyptus / OpenNebula / etc.
*    Open Issues - please email stephen.spector-LM2mM/qkH7s@public.gmane.org<mailto:stephen.spector-LM2mM/qkH7s@public.gmane.org> with items

* RE: XCP Community Call #2
@ 2010-07-07 12:25 ` Dave Scott
       [not found] ` <652FFB2C8F91E3428799B1FFF8B490C9857C25CFB1-7ismNY5x4TfeU4JHVX8hdHnr0TU713UqXqFh9Ls21Oc@public.gmane.org>
From: Dave Scott @ 2010-07-07 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Spector, xen-api, xen-devel

I've added some updated slides to the wiki page:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XCP_Monthly_Meetings

Cheers,
Dave

Tomorrow is the XCP Community Call which will be dial-up as well as IRC chat, information below:

Meeting Date:  July 7, 2010
Time:  2:00 pm UK (London) /9:00 am US EST
Location: IRC #xen-api on Freenode
Dial-In: 1.888.371.8921  Code: 275279

International Toll Free Numbers:
http://btconferencing.com/citrix/globalaccess/

Agenda:

*    Status of XCP 0.5 Testing/Release
*    XCP Support for libvirt

*         Compatibility with XenServer, especially regarding XenCenter, Linux Guest Support (package including templates and other tools).
*    Cloud Frontends / APIs
o    Eucalyptus / OpenNebula / etc.
*    Open Issues - please email stephen.spector@xen.org<mailto:stephen.spector@xen.org> with items

* Re: [Xen-devel] XCP Community Call #2 / confcall audio problems
       [not found] ` <652FFB2C8F91E3428799B1FFF8B490C9857C25CFB1-7ismNY5x4TfeU4JHVX8hdHnr0TU713UqXqFh9Ls21Oc@public.gmane.org>
@ 2010-07-07 13:42   ` Pasi Kärkkäinen
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen @ 2010-07-07 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Spector
  Cc: xen-devel-GuqFBffKawuULHF6PoxzQEEOCMrvLtNR,
	xen-api-GuqFBffKawuULHF6PoxzQEEOCMrvLtNR

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 11:57:29AM -0400, Stephen Spector wrote:
>    Tomorrow is the XCP Community Call which will be dial-up as well as IRC
>    chat, information below:

Stephen:

I guess the confcall audio is fine for UK people,
but it is and has been really horrible for me..

Basicly huge amount of echo, and I can hear like 1/3 of every word,
so it's really difficult to hear/understand anything from the confcall..

I tried muting myself, but that didn't help much.
Other people were complaining (on irc) about the same problem..

Dunno if there's anything that could be done to fix it..

-- Pasi

>    Meeting Date:  July 7, 2010
>
>    Time:  2:00 pm UK (London) /9:00 am US EST
>
>    Location: IRC #xen-api on Freenode
>
>    Dial-In: 1.888.371.8921  Code: 275279
>

>    International Toll Free Numbers:
>
>    http://btconferencing.com/citrix/globalaccess/
>

>    Agenda:
>

>    o    Status of XCP 0.5 Testing/Release
>
>    o    XCP Support for libvirt
>
>    ·         Compatibility with XenServer, especially regarding XenCenter,
>    Linux Guest Support (package including templates and other tools).
>
>    o    Cloud Frontends / APIs
>
>    o    Eucalyptus / OpenNebula / etc.
>
>    o    Open Issues - please email [1]stephen.spector-LM2mM/qkH7s@public.gmane.org with items
>

> References
>
>    Visible links
>    1. mailto:stephen.spector-LM2mM/qkH7s@public.gmane.org

* Re: XCP Community Call #2 / confcall audio problems
@ 2010-07-09  8:42     ` Simon Horman
       [not found]       ` <20100709084251.GG24576-/R6kz+dDXgpPR4JQBCEnsQ@public.gmane.org>
       [not found]       ` <AANLkTilSDTdMYMyw9DWLamPOgE9Rh_cCqv6uzNcgRlXm@mail.gmail.com>
From: Simon Horman @ 2010-07-09  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pasi Kärkkäinen; +Cc: xen-devel, Stephen Spector, xen-api

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 04:42:08PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 11:57:29AM -0400, Stephen Spector wrote:
> >    Tomorrow is the XCP Community Call which will be dial-up as well as IRC
> >    chat, information below:
> >

> Stephen:
>
> I guess the confcall audio is fine for UK people,
> but it is and has been really horrible for me..
>
> Basicly huge amount of echo, and I can hear like 1/3 of every word,
> so it's really difficult to hear/understand anything from the confcall..
>
> I tried muting myself, but that didn't help much.
> Other people were complaining (on irc) about the same problem..
>
> Dunno if there's anything that could be done to fix it..

We had an similar experience in Japan.

I wonder if its a microphone issue. I can visualise a bunch of people sitting
around a table, with a conn-call device in the middle, but people not
paying much attention to facing it when they speak.

In any case, I managed to make out perhaps 1/2 of the second half of the
meeting, which was a vast improvement on what I could hear for the first
half.

@ 2010-07-09 14:42         ` Ian Pratt
From: Ian Pratt @ 2010-07-09 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Horman, Pasi Kärkkäinen
  Cc: Stephen, Ian Pratt, xen-devel-GuqFBffKawuULHF6PoxzQEEOCMrvLtNR,
	xen-api-GuqFBffKawuULHF6PoxzQEEOCMrvLtNR

> > I guess the confcall audio is fine for UK people,
> > but it is and has been really horrible for me..
> >
> > Basicly huge amount of echo, and I can hear like 1/3 of every word,
> > so it's really difficult to hear/understand anything from the confcall..
> >
> > I tried muting myself, but that didn't help much.
> > Other people were complaining (on irc) about the same problem..
> >
> > Dunno if there's anything that could be done to fix it..
>
> We had an similar experience in Japan.
>
> I wonder if its a microphone issue. I can visualise a bunch of people
> sitting
> around a table, with a conn-call device in the middle, but people not
> paying much attention to facing it when they speak.
>
> In any case, I managed to make out perhaps 1/2 of the second half of the
> meeting, which was a vast improvement on what I could hear for the first
> half.

Sorry to hear the audio quality was poor. The BT bridge is obviously struggling with so many people dialled in. Perhaps next time we could try with folk explicitly muting their line on the bridge when not talking using *6 (repeat to un-mute) -- this works better than simply muting the handset.

We also need to remind folks who are using speaker phones to get close to the phone before talking.

Thanks,
Ian

* Re: XCP Community Call #2 / confcall audio problems
@ 2010-07-09 14:56           ` David Markey
From: David Markey @ 2010-07-09 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Can I suggest a Gotomeeting for future meetings?

It would be good for the slides, etc also.

@ 2010-07-10  0:04         ` Simon Horman
From: Simon Horman @ 2010-07-10  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chris; +Cc: Ian Pratt, xen-devel, Stephen Spector, xen-api

[ Restoring CC list]

@ 2010-07-10  0:05           ` Simon Horman
From: Simon Horman @ 2010-07-10  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Pratt; +Cc: Stephen, xen-devel, Spector, xen-api

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 03:42:43PM +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > > I guess the confcall audio is fine for UK people,
> > > but it is and has been really horrible for me..
> > >
> > > Basicly huge amount of echo, and I can hear like 1/3 of every word,
> > > so it's really difficult to hear/understand anything from the confcall..
> > >
> > > I tried muting myself, but that didn't help much.
> > > Other people were complaining (on irc) about the same problem..
> > >
> > > Dunno if there's anything that could be done to fix it..
> >
> > We had an similar experience in Japan.
> >
> > I wonder if its a microphone issue. I can visualise a bunch of people
> > sitting
> > around a table, with a conn-call device in the middle, but people not
> > paying much attention to facing it when they speak.
> >
> > In any case, I managed to make out perhaps 1/2 of the second half of the
> > meeting, which was a vast improvement on what I could hear for the first
> > half.
>
> Sorry to hear the audio quality was poor. The BT bridge is obviously struggling with so many people dialled in. Perhaps next time we could try with folk explicitly muting their line on the bridge when not talking using *6 (repeat to un-mute) -- this works better than simply muting the handset.

Thanks, we'll try to do that on our end.

@ 2010-07-14 16:19             ` Jonathan Knowles
From: Jonathan Knowles @ 2010-07-14 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel, xen-api

On 09/07/10 15:56, David Markey wrote:
> Can I suggest a Gotomeeting for future meetings?

AFAICT, GoToMeeting only supports Windows and Mac clients.
I've never managed to get it to work with a Linux system.

If we choose to use GoToMeeting, it may make things more
difficult for those wishing to view and partipate in the
meeting with their Linux-based desktop.

Cheers,
Jonathan

* According to www.gotomeeting.com, GoToMeeting has the
following system requirements:

Windows:
> * Internet Explorer® 6.0 or newer, Mozilla® Firefox® 3.0
>   newer (JavaScript™ and Java™ enabled)
> * Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000

Mac:

@ 2010-07-14 17:09               ` David Markey
       [not found]                 ` <AANLkTinYS5fnQMDtEWPNq_KcYGgviRUtpgzXEX7Nwog4-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: David Markey @ 2010-07-14 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Knowles; +Cc: xen-devel, xen-api

Everyone has a windows VM running somewhere :)

@ 2010-07-15  2:28                   ` Todd Deshane
From: Todd Deshane @ 2010-07-15  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: admin-OBl2ya8S/YpBDgjK7y7TUQ
  Cc: xen-devel-GuqFBffKawuULHF6PoxzQEEOCMrvLtNR,
	xen-api-GuqFBffKawuULHF6PoxzQEEOCMrvLtNR

A couple alternatives to GoToMeeting that have better cross platform
(including Linux) support:

http://www.dimdim.com/community/opensource.html
https://www.webhuddle.com/

There are probably others, but I think dimdim is a popular one.

Todd

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 1:09 PM, David Markey <admin-OBl2ya8S/YpBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Everyone has a windows VM running somewhere :)
>
> On 14 July 2010 17:19, Jonathan Knowles <jonathan.knowles-mvvWK6WmYclDPfheJLI6IQ@public.gmane.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 09/07/10 15:56, David Markey wrote:
>>>
>>> Can I suggest a Gotomeeting for future meetings?
>>
>> AFAICT, GoToMeeting only supports Windows and Mac clients.
>> I've never managed to get it to work with a Linux system.
>>
>> If we choose to use GoToMeeting, it may make things more
>> difficult for those wishing to view and partipate in the
>> meeting with their Linux-based desktop.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jonathan
>>
>> * According to www.gotomeeting.com, GoToMeeting has the
>> following system requirements:
>>
>> Windows:
>>>
>>> * Internet Explorer® 6.0 or newer, Mozilla® Firefox® 3.0
>>>  newer (JavaScript™ and Java™ enabled)
>>> * Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000
>>
>> Mac:
>>>
>>> * Safari™ 3.0 or newer, Firefox® 3.0 or newer (JavaScript™
>>>  and Java™ enabled)
>>> * Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer

Todd Deshane
http://todddeshane.net