On 22.11.19 17:05, Kevin Wolf wrote: > See patch 4 for the description of the bug fixed. > > v3: > - Don't allow blocking the monitor for a zero write in block_resize > (even though we can already blockfor other reasons there). This is > mainly responsible for the increased complexity compared to v2. > Personally, I think this is not an improvement over v2, but if this is > what it takes to fix a corruption issue in 4.2... [Max] I don’t find it so bad because the added complexity is: (1) A mainly mechanical change of code to add another parameter to {blk,bdrv}(_co)?_truncate(), (2) qcow2 providing BDRV_REQ_NO_FALLBACK, and (3) passing BDRV_REQ_NO_FALLBACK in bdrv_co_truncate() if the new parameter is true. (1) sees the most LoC changed, but it isn’t a complex change. (2) and (3) are both basically one-line changes each. OTOH, as I’ve said on IRC, I believe you have a sufficient number of R-bs on v2 to take it without mine, so the choice is yours. Max