Hi Am 05.11.19 um 12:05 schrieb Gerd Hoffmann: > On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 09:45:49AM +0100, Thomas Zimmermann wrote: >> Udl's GEM code and the generic SHMEM are almost identical. Replace >> the former with SHMEM. The dmabuf support in udl is being removed >> in favor of the generic GEM PRIME functions. >> >> The main difference is in the caching flags for mmap pages. By >> default, SHMEM always sets (uncached) write combining. In udl's >> memory management code, only imported buffers use write combining. >> Memory pages of locally created buffer objects are mmap'ed with >> caching enabled. To keep the optimization, udl provides its own >> mmap function for GEM objects where it fixes up the mapping flags. > > Hmm, couldn't spot anything wrong, but it's rather hard to see the > actual changes here ... > > Any chance that having a separate "remove all dead code obsoleted by > shmem helpers" patch helps? Let me see what I can do. Best regards Thomas > > cheers, > Gerd > -- Thomas Zimmermann Graphics Driver Developer SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer