On 2021-05-31 5:09 a.m., Quentin Schulz wrote: > A common mistake would be the forgotten semi-colon and/or _prepend: > FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files" > > Another common mistake is to not respect the tree layout of the original > path relative to the original recipe (or for that matter, the one you > want to override coming from the bbappend) for xorg.conf. > In that case, you can see that in meta-yocto-bsp, there's a parent > directory of xorg.conf that is not the one listed in > FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend. You should add this directory in the path of > your bbappend. Indeed, I was basing my layout on the original recipe, not on the poky override (which adds the $MACHINE as a subdirectory). With that adjustment everything appears to be working fine. > https://pretalx.com/media/yocto-project-summit-2021/submissions/WTT3UV/resources/Demystifying_the_OVERRIDES_mechan_no6J6fb.pdf > slides 70 to 80 might help you. The recording should be available in a > few days/weeks. Thanks a lot, this looks really useful ! Stefan -- ...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...