On 04/17/2018 06:01 PM, speck for Thomas Gleixner wrote: > On Tue, 17 Apr 2018, speck for Jiri Kosina wrote: > >> On Tue, 17 Apr 2018, speck for Jon Masters wrote: >> >>> The proposal would be that it only allows you to go one-way. You can say >>> "I am vulnerable", turn off MD, but you can't say "I am not vulnerable". >> >> That means we probably never reach full coverage; the problem with this >> "opt-in" aproach is that noone would ever bother (even more so as time >> passess) to add this explicit "I am vulnerable" call into the source; it's >> basically out of control, and thus unmaintainable. > > We had the same discussion with the per process kpti control ... Ok. Big hammer it is. Jon. -- Computer Architect | Sent from my Fedora powered laptop