* [ath9k-devel] Support for USB devices TP-Link WN422G and WN722N
@ 2010-03-17 17:46 Maximi89
From: Maximi89 @ 2010-03-17 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi guys, WN722N idVendor=0cf3, idProduct=9271 and WN422G respectively
idVendor=0cf3, idProduct=1006

i have bought both, and both use the same driver ath9k_htc
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k_htc/devices

i guess the unique difference between TL-WN722N and TL-WN721N are the
external antenna...

http://www.tp-link.com/products/productDetails.asp?class=wlan&pmodel=TL-WN721N
http://www.tp-link.com/products/productDetails.asp?pmodel=TL-WN722N

Well, the things is if there are a way to get green support using last
kernels or an experimental driver for now?
how is the support and that is all. Thanks to all guys! :P

--
Maximiliano Augusto Casta??n Araneda
Santiago, Chile

Skype: maximi89
MSN: maximi89 at gmail.com
XMPP (Ex Jabber): maximi89 at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] Support for USB devices TP-Link WN422G and WN722N
@ 2010-03-19  5:47 ` John Pigeret
From: John Pigeret @ 2010-03-19  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hello Maximiliano,
I tried several time with kernel 2.6.33,
And 2.6.34 to make my WN422g work.
But without any success, and so far the firmware for ar9271 is an
empty file. I tried to set the ATH9k_htc option but when I do 'make'
it removes this option from my .config.
So please tell me how did you get the wn422g working ?
Sincerely,
John

@ 2010-03-19 13:40   ` Maximi89
From: Maximi89 @ 2010-03-19 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

2010/3/19 John Pigeret <john.pigeret@mobilutils.com>

> Hello Maximiliano,
> I tried several time with kernel 2.6.33,
> And 2.6.34 to make my WN422g work.
> But without any success, and so far the firmware for ar9271 is an empty
> file. I tried to set the ATH9k_htc option but when I do 'make' it removes
> this option from my .config.
> So please tell me how did you get the wn422g working ?
> Sincerely,
> John

Hi John, i doesn't have support yet for any one of that two USB... yesterday
i download a file, the AR9271.fw, that file have a size of 45,1KB, here is
the link
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git;a=blob_plain;f=ar9271.fw;hb=35b308409dc18991ec833c24972fd631c9f479a1

How is supposed to compile the kernel? where i found that options named in
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k_htc

Well, Thanks to all again!

MSN: maximi89 at gmail.com
XMPP (Ex Jabber): maximi89 at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------

@ 2010-03-21 11:01     ` john pigeret mob
From: john pigeret mob @ 2010-03-21 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi Maximiliano,

cheers to answering me back :).
I am glad to see that the firmware is not an empty file any more :P.
I probably didn't explain my self well regarding the kernel's options,
good news is you and I are looking the same page (http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k_htc
  )
My point is when I tried to compile with  CONFIG_ATH9K_HTC=m in
the .config file, it does remove it during the begin of the
compilation process (when it check the option in the .config).
To be honest I won't have the time to look at it before at least 2
weeks,
so don't worry last time I tried I probably make few mistakes..
I'll get back to you as soon as I try it again.
Finally thanks to all of you guys! For your awesome work.
See u
enola.