On 02/27/2017 05:45 PM, David Daney wrote: > On 02/27/2017 02:36 PM, Steven Rostedt wrote: >> On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 14:21:21 -0800 >> David Daney wrote: >> >>> See attached for mips. It seems to do the right thing. >>> >>> I leave it as an exercise to the reader to fix the other architectures. >>> >>> Consult your own binutils experts to verify that what I say is true. >> >> It may still just be safer to do the pointers instead. That way we >> don't need to worry about some strange arch or off by one binutils >> messing it up. > > Obviously it is your choice, but this is bog standard ELF linking. In > theory even the arrays of power-of-2 sized objects should also supply an > entity size. Think __ex_table and its ilk. > > > The benefit of supplying an entsize is that you don't have to change the > structure of the existing code and risk breaking something in the process. > > David Daney > > Thanks for the suggestion! I would like to see if this resolves the ppc issue we had. I'm attaching a powerpc patch based on your suggestion. Hopefully, Sachin can try it. Thanks, -Jason