* quota support
@ 2017-11-07 19:16 Marc Kleine-Budde
       [not found] ` <638c4442.362f.15f99519567.Coremail.dongsheng.yang@easystack.cn>
From: Marc Kleine-Budde @ 2017-11-07 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd; +Cc: dongsheng.yang, Dongsheng Yang

Hello,

as fas as I can see UBIFS doesn't support quota yet, is anyone working
on UBIFS quota support?

Dongsheng Yang posted a quota patch series some time ago, is this the
newest series https://github.com/yangdongsheng/linux/tree/ubifs_quota_v3 ?

regards,
Marc
--
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |

* Re: quota support
       [not found] ` <638c4442.362f.15f99519567.Coremail.dongsheng.yang@easystack.cn>
@ 2017-11-08  7:35   ` Marc Kleine-Budde
From: Marc Kleine-Budde @ 2017-11-08  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 杨东升; +Cc: linux-mtd

On 11/08/2017 02:49 AM, 杨东升 wrote:
> Really really sorry about this. As I left fujitsu about 2 years ago,
> I joined a newly-founded company for cloud computing, then this work
> has been suspended for a long time.
>
> If there is anyone want to take over this work, it's welcome, but I am sorry
> I don't have time to continue this work currently.
>
> And yes, https://github.com/yangdongsheng/linux/tree/ubifs_quota_v3
> is my newest version posted, but there is a plan for V4.

Do you have any work in progress code?

> You can search the mail list for the discussion about it.

FTR that's:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2015-September/061812.html

Thanks,
Marc

--

@ 2017-11-08  9:57 ` Richard Weinberger
From: Richard Weinberger @ 2017-11-08  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Kleine-Budde; +Cc: linux-mtd, Dongsheng Yang, dongsheng.yang

Marc,

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Marc Kleine-Budde <mkl@pengutronix.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as fas as I can see UBIFS doesn't support quota yet, is anyone working
> on UBIFS quota support?
>
> Dongsheng Yang posted a quota patch series some time ago, is this the
> newest series https://github.com/yangdongsheng/linux/tree/ubifs_quota_v3 ?

AFAIK I was not really happy with the series because it did not
support project quotas
and had some issues with being power-cut tolerant.
VFS folks also had concerns since the quota subsystem assumes a block
device but UBIFS
works on top of a character device. This needs to be addressed is a
sane way too.

//richard

* Re: Quota Support
@ 2010-06-02 16:01 ` Sean Bartell
From: Sean Bartell @ 2010-06-02 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 10:57:44AM +0200, Stephen wrote:
> Im just wondering if subvolumes or snap shot can have quotas imposed on
> them.

Subvolume quotas are one of the many features that haven't yet been
implemented. See
<https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Development_timeline>.

* Quota Support
@ 2010-06-02  8:57 Stephen
From: Stephen @ 2010-06-02  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Sorry about emailing the list about this but after doing some googling i
can't seem to find the answer.

Im just wondering if subvolumes or snap shot can have quotas imposed on
them.

The wiki says that:

"Subvolumes can be given a quota of blocks, and once this quota is
reached no new writes are allowed."

Although many posts to this mailing list and on other mailing list seem
to indicate that quotas are not implemented, im just wondering if
someone can clean this up.

Thanks Steve

* Re: Quota support
@ 2010-05-23 16:14   ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2010-05-23 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Humpula; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Sun, 23 May 2010, Sage Weil wrote:

> On Sun, 23 May 2010, Michal Humpula wrote:
> > I was interesting if there is some plan for linux quota support (I've searched
> > the list and the code and found nothing). If it is, is there some experimental
> > code or at least some place with ideas how it should be implemented?
>
> Hi Michal,
>
> Kristal Pollack did a paper on distributed quotas that represents one
> possible approach for enforcement in the case where clients are untrusted:
>
> 	http://ceph.newdream.net/publications/quota-voucher-paper.pdf

Sorry,

	http://ceph.newdream.net/pubs/quota-voucher-paper.pdf

sage

* Re: Quota support
@ 2010-05-23 16:00 ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2010-05-23 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Humpula; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Sun, 23 May 2010, Michal Humpula wrote:
> I was interesting if there is some plan for linux quota support (I've searched
> the list and the code and found nothing). If it is, is there some experimental
> code or at least some place with ideas how it should be implemented?

Hi Michal,

Kristal Pollack did a paper on distributed quotas that represents one
possible approach for enforcement in the case where clients are untrusted:

	http://ceph.newdream.net/publications/quota-voucher-paper.pdf

There is also the recursive accounting in the the MDS that in theory could
facilitate subtree quotas.  It already implements the accounting half of
the problem, but the implementation of enforcement would be tricky.  See

	http://marc.info/?t=127264993600004&r=1&w=2

sage

* Quota support
@ 2010-05-23 10:27 Michal Humpula
From: Michal Humpula @ 2010-05-23 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi,

I was interesting if there is some plan for linux quota support (I've searched
the list and the code and found nothing). If it is, is there some experimental
code or at least some place with ideas how it should be implemented?

Regards

Michal Humpula

* Re: quota support
@ 2003-12-12 15:29           ` Jan Kara
From: Jan Kara @ 2003-12-12 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Reiser; +Cc: Bostjan Skufca (at) domenca.si, reiserfs-list, vs, mason

> Chris and Vladimir, what is the status of quotas in the official kernel?
  Generic VFS support needed for ReiserFS is all there since 2.4.21.
Modification needed in ReiserFS code are only in Chris's patches AFAIK.

									Honza

* Re: quota support
@ 2003-12-10 19:53         ` Hans Reiser
From: Hans Reiser @ 2003-12-10 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bostjan Skufca (at) domenca.si; +Cc: reiserfs-list, vs, mason

Chris and Vladimir, what is the status of quotas in the official kernel?

Hans

--
Hans

* Re: quota support
@ 2003-12-10 14:34         ` Bernd Schubert
From: Bernd Schubert @ 2003-12-10 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list

Hello Bostjan,

> i've been asking the same questions and got myself an answer: RTFF (the
> last F stands for FAQ on namesys' webpage)

D'oh, stupid me, last time I checked the FAQ was several month ago. So I only
searched in the download-section and only found references for 2.4.20.

> FAQ should answer your 1 and 2.2 questions. As for the 2.1 i think everyone
> at Namesys is concerned about Reiser4 and Linux 2.6.0 - thus patches for
> 2.4.xx are no longer amongst their top priorities. They do not bother
> hosting it on their ftp because are hosted on suse's and FAQ clearly
> directs it's readers to correct ftp site.

Yeah probably you are right, I only thought since a new quota format was
introduced in 2.4.21 and since I didn't find any quota-patches in the
download section, quota support for reiserfs is already available since that
kernel version.

> Besides all that we should thank Chris for his patience and good will
> which, I believe, brings us THE patches.

Yes of course, Chris, many thanks for providing the patches.

Thanks a lot,
	Bernd

* Re: quota support
@ 2003-12-10 14:03       ` Bostjan Skufca (at) domenca.si
From: Bostjan Skufca (at) domenca.si @ 2003-12-10 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list

Hello Bernd,

i've been asking the same questions and got myself an answer: RTFF (the last F
stands for FAQ on namesys' webpage)

FAQ should answer your 1 and 2.2 questions. As for the 2.1 i think everyone at
Namesys is concerned about Reiser4 and Linux 2.6.0 - thus patches for 2.4.xx
are no longer amongst their top priorities. They do not bother hosting it on
their ftp because are hosted on suse's and FAQ clearly directs it's readers
to correct ftp site.
Besides all that we should thank Chris for his patience and good will which, I
believe, brings us THE patches.

Regards,
Bostjan

On Tuesday 09 of December 2003 17:59, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 12:14, Bostjan Skufca (at) domenca.si wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Below you will find patches for kernels 2.4.20-23
> > ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mason/patches/data-logging/
>
> Hello Bostjan,
>
> yeah I know about those patches, but actually I want to know about general
> quota support status:
>
> 1.)  So is there vanilla-kernel quota support for reiserfs since 2.4.21?
>
> 2.1.)If not, why are there no quota patches on ftp.namesys.com for
> 2.4.{21-23}?
>
> 2.2) If there is quota support for these versions, what does the patch from
> Chris improve?
>
> Thanks,
> 	Bernd

* Re: quota support
@ 2003-12-09 16:59     ` Bernd Schubert
From: Bernd Schubert @ 2003-12-09 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list

@ 2003-12-09 14:38     ` Chris Mason
From: Chris Mason @ 2003-12-09 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bostjan Skufca (at) domenca.si; +Cc: reiserfs-list

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 06:14, Bostjan Skufca (at) domenca.si wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Below you will find patches for kernels 2.4.20-23
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mason/patches/data-logging/
>
> I have already sent a post about kernel not compilig with quota patches
> applied if you dont' have modules enabled...

Sorry for the delay, I'll upload a fix today.

-chris

* Re: quota support
@ 2003-12-09 11:14   ` Bostjan Skufca (at) domenca.si
From: Bostjan Skufca (at) domenca.si @ 2003-12-09 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list

On Monday 08 of December 2003 15:24, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> On Thursday 04 December 2003 17:04, Chris Mason wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mason/patches/data-logging/2.4.23
> >
> > Will have a new version of the data logging and quota code as soon as
> > the suse mirror system copies it over.
>
> Hello,
>
> 'official' Namesys quota-patches are only available up to 2.4.20 and
> actually I thought that a new quota layer has been integrated in 2.4.21 and
> that quota for reiserfs is naturally supported since that version.
> However when I briefly looked through the quota-patch, it seems it adds
> basic quota stuff to the reiserfs-code.
>
> Please, can someone here enlight me about current quota+reiserfs status?
>

> Thanks,
> 	Bernd
>
> PS: We are currently not using quota on reiserfs, but will need to use it
> within the next 6 weeks.

* quota support
@ 2003-12-08 14:24 ` Bernd Schubert
From: Bernd Schubert @ 2003-12-08 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)