Hi, We are dealing with an application that is a fairly heavy user of POSIX message queues. While running this application I seemed to have stumbled upon the fact that the timeout in the mq_timedrecieve is innaccurate to the tune of a more than 5-6 miliseconds and that it is fairly consistent even at its highest priority. Cyclictest on the same machine gives me a max deviation of about 7uS, so I guess my timers (hrt) are functioning alright. Here is a small program I hacked up from the LTP sources to demonstrate this behaviour (attached). I ran this on a dual core 2.5Ghz cpu and a uniprocessor 1.5Ghz cpu (cpuinfo below). On the dual-core I can see that its off by 1-2 miliseconds but on the 1.5 Ghz celeron its off by 6-8 miliseconds sometimes. kernel version: 2.6.33.1-rt10 Usage: ./send_rev_2 $ cat /proc/cpuinfo processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 13 model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1.50GHz stepping : 8 cpu MHz : 1500.111 cache size : 1024 KB fdiv_bug : no hlt_bug : no f00f_bug : no coma_bug : no fpu : yes fpu_exception : yes cpuid level : 2 wp : yes flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx up bts Also attaached is my .config. thanks in advance regards /prady -- http://www.prady.in