Hi, On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Pradyumna Sampath wrote: > Ok, I just moved the HZ value from 250 to 1000 and the accuracy has > improved significantly from 5-7 to 1-2 miliseconds. But IMHO, we > should still change schedule_timeout to schedule_hrtimeout for better > accuracy on the timeout because in many cases 1-2 miliseconds is just > not good enough. Ok, as promised. Here is a dirty hack that I made which basically resulted in 2 things. 1) My test programs accurace really really improved. The timeout on the mq_timedrecieve this time around within the tune of 20-30uS. 2) My actual application exploded all over the place, with mq_* functions complaining of timing out etc etc .. Just a bad messup. So (1) confirms that sched_hrtimeout could be a good idea. (2) Confirms that this patch is really terrible and it would be great if someone could either come up with something that is more robust or I will be happy to take suggestions on where and how I should make changes. regards /prady -- http://www.prady.in