* U-Boot boards needing CONFIG_DM migration
@ 2021-07-28 17:04 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-07-28 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Babic, Priyanka Jain, Fabio Estevam, Prafulla Wadaskar,
	Simon Guinot, Marek Vasut, Matthias Weisser, Otavio Salvador,
	Sinan Akman
  Cc: u-boot

Hey all,

I'm sending this email to people that are either listed as maintainers
for the following boards, or have shown interest in that general area
before.  These boards are the only ones left in tree right now that do
not have CONFIG_DM enabled:
flea3 aspenite zmx25 mx28evk mx28evk_auart_console mx28evk_nand
mx28evk_spi bg0900 edminiv2 warp UCP1020 MPC8349EMDS MPC8349EMDS_PCI64
MPC8349EMDS_SDRAM MPC8349EMDS_SLAVE

Currently, the migration deadline was v2020.01 and from what I've said
in previous releases, I'm posting removal patches at deadline (which is
visible for a year before) + 2 years.  That said, now that we're down to
this few boards that don't have CONFIG_DM enabled, I want to reach out
now.  Is there interest in updating these boards?  Or should they be
removed now and save some time?

Thanks!

--
Tom

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: U-Boot boards needing CONFIG_DM migration
@ 2021-07-28 17:40 ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2021-07-28 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rini
  Cc: Stefano Babic, Priyanka Jain, Prafulla Wadaskar, Simon Guinot,
	Marek Vasut, Matthias Weisser, Otavio Salvador, Sinan Akman,
	U-Boot-Denx

Hi Tom,

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 2:04 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm sending this email to people that are either listed as maintainers
> for the following boards, or have shown interest in that general area
> before.  These boards are the only ones left in tree right now that do
> not have CONFIG_DM enabled:
> flea3 aspenite zmx25 mx28evk mx28evk_auart_console mx28evk_nand

I have sent the mx28evk DM conversion series:
https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg398398.html

and

https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg398399.html

but it seems it got missed. Could you or Stefano please apply it?

I plan to support only mx28evk_defconfig and I am fine to remove the
other mx28evk defconfig variants.

Thanks

* Re: U-Boot boards needing CONFIG_DM migration
@ 2021-07-28 17:44   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-07-28 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam
  Cc: Stefano Babic, Priyanka Jain, Prafulla Wadaskar, Simon Guinot,

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 02:40:41PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 2:04 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I'm sending this email to people that are either listed as maintainers
> > for the following boards, or have shown interest in that general area
> > before.  These boards are the only ones left in tree right now that do
> > not have CONFIG_DM enabled:
> > flea3 aspenite zmx25 mx28evk mx28evk_auart_console mx28evk_nand
>
> I have sent the mx28evk DM conversion series:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg398398.html
>
> and
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg398399.html
>
> but it seems it got missed. Could you or Stefano please apply it?
>
> I plan to support only mx28evk_defconfig and I am fine to remove the
> other mx28evk defconfig variants.

Ah yes, I remember now.  Please send a follow-up to delete those other
configs (and remove them from the MAINTAINERS file).  It's early enough
in the release cycle that I assume Stefano can get them.  Thanks.

--

@ 2021-07-28 18:58   ` Stefano Babic
From: Stefano Babic @ 2021-07-28 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam, Tom Rini
  Cc: Stefano Babic, Priyanka Jain, Prafulla Wadaskar, Simon Guinot,

On 28.07.21 19:40, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 2:04 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I'm sending this email to people that are either listed as maintainers
>> for the following boards, or have shown interest in that general area
>> before.  These boards are the only ones left in tree right now that do
>> not have CONFIG_DM enabled:
>> flea3 aspenite zmx25 mx28evk mx28evk_auart_console mx28evk_nand
>
> I have sent the mx28evk DM conversion series:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg398398.html
>
> and
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg398399.html
>
> but it seems it got missed.

Its status was erroneously set in patchwork - I'll pick it up.

> Could you or Stefano please apply it?

> I plan to support only mx28evk_defconfig and I am fine to remove the
> other mx28evk defconfig variants.
>
> Thanks

Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic@denx.de

* Re: U-Boot boards needing CONFIG_DM migration
@ 2021-07-28 19:09     ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2021-07-28 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Babic
  Cc: Tom Rini, Priyanka Jain, Prafulla Wadaskar, Simon Guinot,
	Marek Vasut, Matthias Weisser, Otavio Salvador, Sinan Akman,
	U-Boot-Denx

Hi Stefano,

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 3:58 PM Stefano Babic <sbabic@denx.de> wrote:

> Its status was erroneously set in patchwork - I'll pick it up.

Thanks.  Peter Robinson's series to convert warp is also missing in master:
https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg403736.html

Thanks

* Re: U-Boot boards needing CONFIG_DM migration
@ 2021-07-28 19:21       ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-07-28 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam
  Cc: Stefano Babic, Priyanka Jain, Prafulla Wadaskar, Simon Guinot,

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 04:09:48PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 3:58 PM Stefano Babic <sbabic@denx.de> wrote:
>
> > Its status was erroneously set in patchwork - I'll pick it up.
>
> Thanks.  Peter Robinson's series to convert warp is also missing in master:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg403736.html

I thought I had seen something about warp too.  Any idea what happened
in the imx tree?

--

@ 2021-07-29 10:30         ` Stefano Babic
From: Stefano Babic @ 2021-07-29 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rini, Fabio Estevam
  Cc: Stefano Babic, Priyanka Jain, Prafulla Wadaskar, Simon Guinot,

On 28.07.21 21:21, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 04:09:48PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
>> Hi Stefano,
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 3:58 PM Stefano Babic <sbabic@denx.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Its status was erroneously set in patchwork - I'll pick it up.
>>
>> Thanks.  Peter Robinson's series to convert warp is also missing in master:
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg403736.html
>
> I thought I had seen something about warp too.  Any idea what happened
> in the imx tree?

For Fabio's patch, status was set to "Changes requested" and not
assigned to me, so I have not taken his patch at all.

But with Peter's set is weird : I see they are in "Awaiting upstream",
so that seems they were merged by me in u-boot-imx, so I do not really
know. I check them again if I can apply on TOT.

@ 2021-07-29 12:14           ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-07-29 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Babic
  Cc: Fabio Estevam, Priyanka Jain, Prafulla Wadaskar, Simon Guinot,

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 12:30:27PM +0200, Stefano Babic wrote:
> On 28.07.21 21:21, Tom Rini wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 04:09:48PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> > > Hi Stefano,

> > > Thanks.  Peter Robinson's series to convert warp is also missing in master:
> > > https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg403736.html
> >
> > I thought I had seen something about warp too.  Any idea what happened
> > in the imx tree?
>
> For Fabio's patch, status was set to "Changes requested" and not assigned to
> me, so I have not taken his patch at all.

That might have been me asking for the other defconfigs to be removed.

--

@ 2021-08-11 21:27             ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-08-11 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Babic
  Cc: Fabio Estevam, Priyanka Jain, Prafulla Wadaskar, Simon Guinot,

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 08:14:34AM -0400, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 12:30:27PM +0200, Stefano Babic wrote:

> > > I thought I had seen something about warp too.  Any idea what happened
> > > in the imx tree?
> >
> > For Fabio's patch, status was set to "Changes requested" and not assigned to
> > me, so I have not taken his patch at all.
>
> That might have been me asking for the other defconfigs to be removed.

So where did we end up here?  I didn't see a patch going by dropping the
mx28 configs Fabio doesn't want (and the patch needs a minor refresh for
email I think anyhow).  No comments on few others.  I'd like to make a
drop-these-platforms series shortly.

--

@ 2021-08-11 23:41               ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2021-08-11 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rini
  Cc: Stefano Babic, Priyanka Jain, Prafulla Wadaskar, Simon Guinot,

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 6:27 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:

> So where did we end up here?  I didn't see a patch going by dropping the
> mx28 configs Fabio doesn't want (and the patch needs a minor refresh for
> email I think anyhow).  No comments on few others.  I'd like to make a
> drop-these-platforms series shortly.

I have sent a patch that keeps only the main mx28evk_defconfig and
deletes the others.

* Re: U-Boot boards needing CONFIG_DM migration
@ 2021-08-11 23:51                 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-08-11 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam
  Cc: Stefano Babic, Priyanka Jain, Prafulla Wadaskar, Simon Guinot,