* Btrfs progs release 4.20.2
@ 2019-02-25 18:04 David Sterba
From: David Sterba @ 2019-02-25 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

btrfs-progs version 4.20.2 have been released. This is a quick fix of a problem
with send/receive path checks that break some setups. As there's no proper
fix yet, the patch that caused the regression has been reverted.

Tarballs: https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/kdave/btrfs-progs/
Git: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kdave/btrfs-progs.git

Shortlog:

David Sterba (5):
      btrfs-progs: ci: explicitly request reiserfs support for btrfs-convert
      btrfs-progs: ci: switch to newer build environment
      Revert "Btrfs-progs: fix mount point detection due to partial prefix match"
      btrfs-progs: update CHANGES for v4.20.2
      Btrfs progs v4.20.2

Nikolay Borisov (1):
      btrfs-progs: Use a single tab for 'leafsize (deprecated)' row

* Re: Btrfs progs release 4.20.2
@ 2019-02-26  5:06 ` Anand Jain
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Anand Jain @ 2019-02-26  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Sterba; +Cc: linux-btrfs

  https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10732689/

Would like to bring to your notice. Above patch is not yet integrated
for a long time. Any comments?

Thanks, Anand

@ 2019-02-26  6:25   ` Anand Jain
       [not found]   ` <CABB28CzM029Wy6q6OF65M0CUZ59Rv8RQZd6ABCfrgV=eO2t4XA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Anand Jain @ 2019-02-26  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Sterba, dsterba; +Cc: linux-btrfs

I got some logs with and without fix.

Test case:

Pause a balance:

# btrfs bal start --full-balance /btrfs
balance paused by user

Try to run replace now:

Without fix:

# btrfs replace start -B /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /btrfs
ERROR: ioctl(DEV_REPLACE_START) on '/btrfs' returns error: <illegal
result value>

With fix:

# ./btrfs replace start -B /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /btrfs
ERROR: ioctl(DEV_REPLACE_START) '/btrfs':
add/delete/balance/replace/resize operation in progress

-Anand

@ 2019-02-26 14:37     ` Anand Jain
From: Anand Jain @ 2019-02-26 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomasz Kłoczko; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On 2/26/19 4:51 PM, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> -- Tomasz Kłoczko | Tel: 0774 1209067 | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 05:07, Anand Jain <anand.jain@oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>>    https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10732689/
>>
>> Would like to bring to your notice. Above patch is not yet integrated
>> for a long time. Any comments?
>
> I've been trying that patch and still it fails:

  They are not related. This patch won't fix that, nor it claimed
  to do so.

>      [TEST/fsck]   037-freespacetree-repair
> failed: root_helper umount
> /home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/btrfs-progs-v4.20.2/tests//test.img
> test failed for case 037-freespacetree-repair

  Looks like FREE_SPACE_BITMAP is not found in the dump-tree,
  so the test case fails.

> kloczek

* Re: Btrfs progs release 4.20.2
       [not found]   ` <CABB28CzM029Wy6q6OF65M0CUZ59Rv8RQZd6ABCfrgV=eO2t4XA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2019-02-27 17:43   ` David Sterba
From: David Sterba @ 2019-02-27 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Jain; +Cc: David Sterba, linux-btrfs

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 01:06:48PM +0800, Anand Jain wrote:

>   https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10732689/
>
> Would like to bring to your notice. Above patch is not yet integrated
> for a long time. Any comments?

I'm too busy with kernel patches to don't at progs very often. For
unknown reasons the quality of incoming patches has dropped so I have to
spend way more time testing and making sure that what gets merged does
not regress.

I see the pings and tag all progs patches but otherwise need to find a
calm week so I can switch to the other codebase.