From: "Legacy, Allain" <Allain.Legacy@windriver.com>
To: "Nélio Laranjeiro" <nelio.laranjeiro@6wind.com>
Cc: "Adrien Mazarguil (adrien.mazarguil@6wind.com)"
	<adrien.mazarguil@6wind.com>, "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>,
	"Peters, Matt" <Matt.Peters@windriver.com>
Subject: Re: mlx5 flow create/destroy behaviour
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 16:53:47 +0000	[thread overview]

<...>
> I found an issue on the id retrieval while receiving an high rate of the
> same flow [1].  You may face the same issue.  Can you verify with the
> patch?
>
> Thanks,
>
> [1] http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/22897/

I had some difficulty applying that patch onto v17.02 so I took all of the patches to the mlx5 driver that are in dpdk-next-net just to be sure I had all other outstanding fixes.

The behavior did not change.  I still see flows that are not marked even after a flow rule has been created to match on that particular flow.    It seems like it works in batches... 10-20 flows will work, and then the next 10-20 flows won't work, and then the next 10-20 flows will work.   But, in all cases I have logs that show that the flow rules were created properly for all flows, and destroyed properly at the end of each test.    It seems pretty consistent that the first test after a NIC reset always works on all flows, but then subsequent tests see variable results.  Every so often I get another test run that has no issues but then the failure pattern resumes on the next attemp.