On Wed, 2020-03-04 at 11:42 -0500, Tejun Heo wrote: > [SNIP] > > Right now, the situation isn't great with dm. When pagecache > writebacks go through dm, in some cases including dm-crypt, the cgroup > ownership information is completely lost and all writes end up being > issued as the root cgroup, so it breaks down when dm is in use. Fair enough. > In the longer term, what we wanna do is controlling at physical > devices (sda here) and then updating dm so that it can maintain and > propagate the ownership correctly but we aren't there yet. Perfect, so what I am seeing is really just a small systemd bug. Thansk for confirming, I'll submit a patch to fix it. Benjamin