On 05/23/2017 09:32 AM, Greg Kurz wrote: > The logic to open a path currently sits between local_open_nofollow() and > the relative_openat_nofollow() helper, which has no other user. > > For the sake of clarity, this patch moves all the code of the helper into > its unique caller. While here we also: > - drop the code to skip leading "/" because the backend isn't supposed to > pass anything but relative paths without consecutive slashes. The assert() > is kept because we really don't want a buggy backend to pass an absolute odd spacing > path to openat(). > - use strchrnul() to get a simpler code. This is ok since virtfs if for s/if/is/ > linux+glibc hosts only. > - don't dup() the initial directory and add an assert() to ensure we don't > return the global mountfd to the caller. BTW, this would mean that the > caller passed an empty path, which isn't supposed to happen either. > > Signed-off-by: Greg Kurz > --- Reviewed-by: Eric Blake -- Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer Red Hat, Inc. +1-919-301-3266 Virtualization: qemu.org | libvirt.org