* Any chance of seeing a merge from drm-next-4.8-wip-si?
@ 2016-08-01  6:29 Alexandre Demers
       [not found] ` <5a878a8d-2416-ca4a-050e-901ba8fa7477-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Alexandre Demers @ 2016-08-01  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Deucher; +Cc: amd-gfx-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

Hi Alex,

I'd like to know if there is any chance to see a merge / pull request
for the SI code from drm-next-4.8-wip-si into mainline kernel for 4.8?
Nothing seems to have been added to the branch since the end of May. I
haven't seen any thing merged from that branch into drm-next-4.8(-wip)
either. What is its status? Is it considered completed and ready for
merge / test / tune up?

As you know, I'm interested in helping on the task. However, I stopped
any work on porting SI to amdgpu when I learned someone at AMD was
working on it. It would have been too long for me to do it in
comparison. Now, if I can be of any help, let me know, my R9 280X is
waiting for some tests.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Demers

* Re: Any chance of seeing a merge from drm-next-4.8-wip-si?
       [not found] ` <5a878a8d-2416-ca4a-050e-901ba8fa7477-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-08-01 21:14   ` Alex Deucher
       [not found]     ` <CADnq5_OzxvON1+NbD7d2TwxZAmgR-VuyvsTncVYWx4sNXmWzmg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Alex Deucher @ 2016-08-01 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Demers; +Cc: Alexander Deucher, amd-gfx list

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 2:29 AM, Alexandre Demers
<alexandre.f.demers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I'd like to know if there is any chance to see a merge / pull request for
> the SI code from drm-next-4.8-wip-si into mainline kernel for 4.8? Nothing
> seems to have been added to the branch since the end of May. I haven't seen
> any thing merged from that branch into drm-next-4.8(-wip) either. What is
> its status? Is it considered completed and ready for merge / test / tune up?
>
> As you know, I'm interested in helping on the task. However, I stopped any
> work on porting SI to amdgpu when I learned someone at AMD was working on
> it. It would have been too long for me to do it in comparison. Now, if I can
> be of any help, let me know, my R9 280X is waiting for some tests.

I just pushed an updated branch for 4.9:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux/log/?h=drm-next-4.9-si

Alex

@ 2016-08-01 22:12       ` Alexandre Demers
From: Alexandre Demers @ 2016-08-01 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Deucher; +Cc: Alexander Deucher, amd-gfx list

Thank you for the update. I'll have a go on it and I'll be following
what goes in it.

Alexandre Demers

@ 2016-08-04  4:49       ` Alexandre Demers
       [not found]         ` <46f0e493-88f3-64f2-d355-83952c2fcb27-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Alexandre Demers @ 2016-08-04  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Deucher; +Cc: Alexander Deucher, amd-gfx list

Good evening,

I'd like to know how we should proceed about reporting bug on a
development branch like drm-next-4.9-si. I've been able to build the
branch without problem and even launch Xorg using its modesetting
driver. However, there are some visual problems I'd like to report
and/or track with people working on bringing GCN 1.0 (and 1.1) to the
amdgpu driver (I'm able to compare the result of using
radeon+modesetting VS amdgpu+modesetting to put aside bugs that could be
related to modesetting itself).

Cheers

Alexandre Demers

@ 2016-08-04 14:05           ` Deucher, Alexander
       [not found]             ` <CY4PR12MB130113B68FF35D292A7F1F0EF7070-rpdhrqHFk05CiBuckNFh9wdYzm3356FpvxpqHgZTriW3zl9H0oFU5g@public.gmane.org>
From: Deucher, Alexander @ 2016-08-04 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'alexandre.f.demers-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org',
	Alex Deucher
> I'd like to know how we should proceed about reporting bug on a
> development branch like drm-next-4.9-si. I've been able to build the
> branch without problem and even launch Xorg using its modesetting
> driver. However, there are some visual problems I'd like to report
> and/or track with people working on bringing GCN 1.0 (and 1.1) to the
> amdgpu driver (I'm able to compare the result of using
> radeon+modesetting VS amdgpu+modesetting to put aside bugs that could
> be
> related to modesetting itself).

Use https://bugs.freedesktop.org
And file a bug against amdgpu.

Alex

@ 2016-08-05  0:58               ` Michel Dänzer
From: Michel Dänzer @ 2016-08-05  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deucher, Alexander,
	'alexandre.f.demers-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org',
	Alex Deucher
  Cc: amd-gfx list

On 04.08.2016 23:05, Deucher, Alexander wrote:
>> From: Alexandre Demers [mailto:alexandre.f.demers@gmail.com]
>>
>> I'd like to know how we should proceed about reporting bug on a
>> development branch like drm-next-4.9-si. I've been able to build the
>> branch without problem and even launch Xorg using its modesetting
>> driver. However, there are some visual problems I'd like to report
>> and/or track with people working on bringing GCN 1.0 (and 1.1) to the
>> amdgpu driver (I'm able to compare the result of using
>> radeon+modesetting VS amdgpu+modesetting to put aside bugs that could
>> be
>> related to modesetting itself).
>
> Use https://bugs.freedesktop.org
> And file a bug against amdgpu.

FWIW,

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=DRI&component=DRM/AMDgpu&version=unspecified

has the product, component and version fields pre-selected appropriately.