From: Igor Chernyshev <igor.ch75+alsa@gmail.com>
To: alsa-devel@alsa-project.org
Subject: Patch for suspend/resume in ICE1724 for Audiotrak Prodigy HD2
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 23:37:16 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi Alsa Developers!

I've built a small HTPC and had to add suspend/resume support in ice1724
driver. There seem to be 3 existing bugs related to that:

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=4413
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=3748
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2314

Due to hardware (un)availability, I only enabled the fix for Audiotrak
Prodigy HD2 card, which is installed in my HTPC. However, most of my code
should be reusable in the future on other ice1724-based cards as well (as
long as people add card-specific peices of code). The fix is currently based
on ALSA 1.0.20 and works on my MythBuntu 9.04 HTPC (using 2.6.28-11 kernel).

The following files have been modified:
  alsa-kernel/pci/ice1712/ice1712.h
  alsa-kernel/pci/ice1712/ice1724.c
  alsa-kernel/pci/ice1712/prodigy_hifi.c

Now, I'm a complete newbie in Linux development and not sure I can safely
rebuild latest Linux Kernel under MythBuntu, etc. Are there any resources
for people like me to read? I want to provide the patch without destroying
my computer a hunder times, but also make it more convenient and safer for
ALSA maintainers.

Thanks,
Igor