From: Alex Dubov <oakad@yahoo.com>
To: Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com>
Cc: linux-mtd <linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org>
Subject: Re: Legacy memstick support + FTL questions
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 01:01:40 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

> > > Alex, could you explain how a single TPC is
> performed?
> > >
> > > I currently first send MS_TPC_SET_RW_REG_ADRS,
> and then
> > > MS_TPC_READ_REG
> > >
> > > When I send the TPC I specify both the tpc number
> and its
> > > len. Is the
> > > len transmitted?
> >
> > Of course, it is. How otherwise media would know how
> many bits to sample
> > in?
> By watching the #BS?
> Every clock cycle media reads 1 or 4 bits, when #BS goes
> low it stops
> reading...
> Why otherwise one would need the #BS line?

It is so and not so.
It appears, length is not transmitted as part of actual TPC payload.
However, number of data payload bytes is always determined by the media
register values. If this condition is not maintained all sorts of bad
things may happen.

Yahoo!7: Catch-up on your favourite Channel 7 TV shows easily, legally, and for free at PLUS7. www.tv.yahoo.com.au/plus7