From: Digimer <lists@alteeve.ca>
To: cluster-devel.redhat.com
Subject: [Cluster-devel] [ClusterLabs] DLM connection channel switch take too long time (> 5mins)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 10:41:38 -0500	[thread overview]

On 2018-03-09 01:32 AM, Gang He wrote:

>> configuration effective.
>>>
>>> The last time I tested connection failures with sctp was several years
>>> ago, but I recall seeing similar problems.  I had hoped that some of the
>>> sctp changes might have helped, but perhaps they didn't.
>>> Dave
>>
>> To add to this; We found serious issues with DLM over sctp/rrp. Our
>> solution was to remove RRP and reply on active/passive (mode=1) bonding.
>> I do not believe you can make anything using DLM reliable on RRP in
>> either active or passive mode.
> Do you have the detailed steps to describe this workaround?
> My means is, how to remove RRP? and reply on active/passive (mode=1) bonding?
> From the code, we have to use sctp protocol in DLM on a two-rings cluster.
>
> Thanks
> Gang

I'm using RHEL 6, so for me, disabling rrp was simply removing the rrp
attribute and the <altname> child elements. As for bonding, here's how I
did it;

https://www.alteeve.com/w/AN!Cluster_Tutorial_2#Configuring_our_Bridge.2C_Bonds_and_Interfaces

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of