From: 沈霆 <christieshum@gmail.com>
To: xen-devel@lists.xensource.com
Subject: need help about CPU offline/hotplug in Xen Unstable
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 22:44:17 +0800	[thread overview]

I've noticed this section in Xen 3.4 News(
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2009/03/02/msg004800.html):

CPU offline/hotplug: Xen 3.4 can offline
physical CPUs on CPU-core granularity.
CPU hotplugging works on CPU granularity.
It's meant as an recover-action for the case
of machine-check errors. This feature
requires Dom0 support to utilize it.
This feature has been almost tested
on Intel-CPUs only.

Then I downloaded the stable version from xen.org and installed.
But since the document is not updated, I don't know the detail method
to offline a physical CPU.

Can anyone give me the hint? Thanks very much!

--
Yours Sincerely,
Ting Shen