On 6/24/2016 1:11 PM, Hefty, Sean wrote: >> I've pulled v2 into my tree for 4.8. Please make any remaining fixes >> between now and then incremental patches. Although I've pulled this >> in, >> I want to remove the FMR interface prior to submission to Linus, so >> please prioritize getting the driver updated in that regard. > > If we're going to accept another software implementation of the IB transport, what was the point of rdmav? There's seriously no code that can be shared here? > I had my doubts from the beginning that they were very shareable, but regardless, rdmavt helps to make sure that you don't have the same bug in two places as much as possible even when not used by rxe. In the past there were plenty of times when ipath/qib had to both have identical fixes. The most recent write security issue being a perfect example. As much as possible rdmavt helps to eliminate that. -- Doug Ledford GPG Key ID: 0E572FDD