On 16.09.21 12:29, Borislav Petkov wrote: > On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 12:09:27PM +0300, Mike Rapoport wrote: >> I think the first sentence about reserving memory before memblock >> allocations are possible is important and I think we should keep it. > > I expanded that comment this way: > > /* > * Do some memory reservations *before* memory is added to memblock, so > * memblock allocations won't overwrite it. > * > * After this point, everything still needed from the boot loader or > * firmware or kernel text should be early reserved or marked not RAM in > * e820. All other memory is free game. > * > * This call needs to happen before e820__memory_setup() which calls the > * xen_memory_setup() on Xen dom0 which relies on the fact that those > * early reservations have happened already. > */ > Yes, this seems to be an accurate description. Juergen