From: Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson@mac.com>
To: openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org
Subject: Re: What to do about the poor bitbake Quality Control?
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 01:08:32 +0400	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Aug 14, 2010, at 11:14 PM, Philip Balister wrote:

> On 08/14/2010 12:01 PM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>> 2010/8/14 AJ ONeal<coolaj86@gmail.com>:
>>> This is about the 4th time that I've `rm -rf`-d everything and started from
>>> scratch and never yet got a working `bitbake omap3-console-image`
>>>
>>> Every time I `git pull` it's a different set of problems. It's never the
>>> same package twice, but they never all compile for the basic console image
>>> anywhere from 4 to 20 hours in.
>>>

> I think they are building from the gumstix overo repo. We are interested in failures (at least failures for recipes that are in .dev), but we can't guarantee when our fixes will hit the gumstix repository.

The overo-oe repository setup instructions pull from a gitorious branch, that is based on the oe development branch. I too have faced these issues everytime. It really is a pain, one can never be sure if the overo-oe repo will compile reliably after a git pull. Its a total waste of time.

Elvis Dowson