* Vivante graphics with linux-fslc-imx
@ 2022-02-18  9:43 Jan Claussen
From: Jan Claussen @ 2022-02-18  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

I am a bit confused with the graphics support for the NXP BSP. It used to be Vivante, but with linux-fslc-imx it is Etnaviv although I thought it would be a linux-imx kernel with mainline patches.

Is there no way to get Vivante graphics to work on 5.10 yet? Do I have to use 5.4?

________________________________

________________________________
This email including its attachments is intended for the person or entity only to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, forwarding, dissemination, other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer system.
________________________________

Eppendorf SE, Hamburg, Barkhausenweg 1, 22339 Hamburg, Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 171526
Vors. des Aufsichtsrats: Philipp von Loeper
Vorstand: Eva van Pelt (Co-Vorsitzende), Dr. Peter Fruhstorfer (Co-Vorsitzender), Axel Jaeger und Dr. Wilhelm Plüster

Eppendorf Instrumente GmbH, Hamburg, Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 69077
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Bernd Petersen und Dr. Alexander Papra

Eppendorf Liquid Handling GmbH, Hamburg, Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 92250
Geschäftsführer: Dietmar Stadler

________________________________
According to the general high quality approach of Eppendorf, we apply to our mail traffic the latest protection technologies and methods, including extensive scanning and DMARC, to help our communication partners in protecting their IT environment.
Privacy information according to Articles 13 and 14 GDPR can be found here: www.eppendorf.com/gdpr
<http://www.eppendorf.com/gdpr>
________________________________

* Re: [meta-freescale] Vivante graphics with linux-fslc-imx
@ 2022-02-18 13:02 ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2022-02-18 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: claussen.j; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello,

Em sex., 18 de fev. de 2022 às 06:43, Jan Claussen via
lists.yoctoproject.org
<claussen.j=eppendorf.de@lists.yoctoproject.org> escreveu:
> I am a bit confused with the graphics support for the NXP BSP. It used to be Vivante, but with linux-fslc-imx it is Etnaviv although I thought it would be a linux-imx kernel with mainline patches.
>
> Is there no way to get Vivante graphics to work on 5.10 yet? Do I have to use 5.4?

There are two BSP available in meta-freescale:

 - based on mainline
 - based on NXP

To use the NXP one you must set:

IMX_DEFAULT_BSP = "nxp"

on machine.

Mobile: +55 (53) 9 9981-7854          Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750