On 27.03.2017 15:26, Markus Armbruster wrote: > This reverts a part of commit 8a47e8e. We're having second thoughts > on the QAPI schema (and thus the external interface), and haven't > reached consensus, yet. Issues include: > > * BlockdevOptionsRbd member @password-secret isn't actually a > password, it's a key generated by Ceph. > > * We're not sure where member @password-secret belongs (see the > previous commit). > > * How @password-secret interacts with settings from a configuration > file specified with @conf is undocumented. I suspect it's untested, > too. > > Let's avoid painting ourselves into a corner now, and revert the > feature for 2.9. > > Note that users can still configure an authentication key with a > configuration file. They probably do that anyway if they use Ceph > outside QEMU as well. > > Signed-off-by: Markus Armbruster > --- > qapi/block-core.json | 3 --- > 1 file changed, 3 deletions(-) Reviewed-by: Max Reitz