From: Nasa <nasa01@comcast.net>
To: intel-gfx@lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: Using quirks to fix incorrect Monitor physical size
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 18:56:11 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Hi,

Is there a way to tell the driver to use DisplaySize to pass the correct dimensions to
the i915 driver?  from my searches, I saw the following note:

News: xf86-video-intel only supports KMS now
2010-02-11 - Jan de Groot

With the move of xf86-video-intel 2.10.0 to extra, support for UMS has been removed from the intel driver. This means that KMS is a requirement now.

Does this mean that there's no way to override incorrect (or in my case) missing EDID info?  I am assuming so,
which is why I am asking about quirks.  Thanks in advance,

Nasa