* status of cephfs/multiple mds
@ 2016-09-23  8:02 zhengbin.08747
From: zhengbin.08747 @ 2016-09-23  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@redhat.com> (gfarnum@redhat.com)'
  Cc: 'ceph-devel (ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org)'

As we know, multiple mds is experimental. What is the reason for it, Just because multiple mds has unknown bugs?I am interest in multiple mds

In tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/wiki/#Planning-CDM,  there is nothing about cephfs.

Can you share multiple mds to-do list for me? Thank you
本邮件及其附件含有杭州华三通信技术有限公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出
的个人或群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、
或散发)本邮件中的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本
邮件!
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from H3C, which is
intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by phone or email immediately and delete it!

* Re: status of cephfs/multiple mds
@ 2016-09-23  9:31 ` John Spray
From: John Spray @ 2016-09-23  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zhengbin.08747
  Cc: Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@redhat.com> (gfarnum@redhat.com),
	ceph-devel (ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org)

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 9:02 AM, zhengbin.08747@h3c.com
<zhengbin.08747@h3c.com> wrote:
> As we know, multiple mds is experimental. What is the reason for it, Just because multiple mds has unknown bugs?I am interest in multiple mds
>
> In tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/wiki/#Planning-CDM,  there is nothing about cephfs.
>
> Can you share multiple mds to-do list for me? Thank you

Go here:
http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/cephfs/issues

...and filter by Category is "multi-MDS" for a list of known bugs.

John

> 本邮件及其附件含有杭州华三通信技术有限公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出
> 的个人或群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、
> 或散发)本邮件中的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本
> 邮件!
> This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from H3C, which is
> intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the
> information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial
> disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
> recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
> by phone or email immediately and delete it!

* 答复: status of cephfs/multiple mds
@ 2016-09-23  9:41   ` zhengbin.08747
From: zhengbin.08747 @ 2016-09-23  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'John Spray'
  Cc: Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@redhat.com> (gfarnum@redhat.com),
	ceph-devel (ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org)

In order to use multiple mds for product purpose, Do we only need to fix all the issues in http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/cephfs/issues
Or are there any other work we need to do?

> As we know, multiple mds is experimental. What is the reason for it,
> Just because multiple mds has unknown bugs?I am interest in multiple
> mds
>
> In tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/wiki/#Planning-CDM,  there is nothing about cephfs.
>
> Can you share multiple mds to-do list for me? Thank you

Go here:
http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/cephfs/issues

...and filter by Category is "multi-MDS" for a list of known bugs.

John

本邮件及其附件含有杭州华三通信技术有限公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出
的个人或群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、
或散发)本邮件中的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本
邮件!
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from H3C, which is
intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by phone or email immediately and delete it!

* Re: 答复: status of cephfs/multiple mds
@ 2016-09-23 11:46     ` John Spray
From: John Spray @ 2016-09-23 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zhengbin.08747
  Cc: Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@redhat.com> (gfarnum@redhat.com),
	ceph-devel (ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org)

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:41 AM, zhengbin.08747@h3c.com
<zhengbin.08747@h3c.com> wrote:
> In order to use multiple mds for product purpose, Do we only need to fix all the issues in http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/cephfs/issues
> Or are there any other work we need to do?

Those and all the other issues you might find when testing!

John

@ 2016-08-30 10:04 ` John Spray
From: John Spray @ 2016-08-30 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zhengbin.08747; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 10:35 AM, zhengbin.08747@h3c.com
<zhengbin.08747@h3c.com> wrote:
> As we know, multiple mds is experimental, we have done it yet? when it can be stable? Does this have a roadmap?
>
> In tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/wiki/#Planning-CDM,  there is nothing about cephfs.
>
> Can you share CephFS to-do list for us? Thank you

You can see the outstanding issues related to multi-MDS in the issue tracker:
http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/cephfs/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&set_filter=1&f%5B%5D=status_id&op%5Bstatus_id%5D=o&f%5B%5D=category_id&op%5Bcategory_id%5D=%3D&v%5Bcategory_id%5D%5B%5D=90&f%5B%5D=&c%5B%5D=project&c%5B%5D=tracker&c%5B%5D=status&c%5B%5D=priority&c%5B%5D=subject&c%5B%5D=assigned_to&c%5B%5D=updated_on&c%5B%5D=category&c%5B%5D=fixed_version&c%5B%5D=cf_3&group_by=

This is going to be an ongoing area for improvement through the Kraken
and Luminous cycles.

John

@ 2016-08-30  9:35 zhengbin.08747