Ross, Perfect. For whatever reason, the manual doesn’t come up when I google COMPATIBLE_HOST. Looks like I’ll need to bookmark the mega manual. Thanks, Thomas From: Burton, Ross [mailto:ross.burton@intel.com] Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 9:21 AM To: Moore, Thomas (FtWorth) Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Subject: Re: [yocto] COMPATIBLE_HOST Hi Thomas, On 2 February 2015 at 15:17, Moore, Thomas (FtWorth) > wrote: I have a binary recipe that is only compatible with x86 and x86_64 systems. I *think* specifying the COMPATIBLE_HOST in my recipe would be a good idea. However, I've been unable to find any documentation, or even a good description, of this variable. Can someone help me out here? The manual has a section in the glossary: http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7.1/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-COMPATIBLE_HOST And yes, this is the idiom. Lots of meta-intel for example uses COMPATIBLE_HOST = '(i.86|x86_64).*-linux'. Ross