On 06/19/2017 01:19 AM, Masahiro Yamada wrote: > 2017-06-09 14:24 GMT+09:00 Nicholas Piggin : >> The VDSO symbols can't be linked into built-in.o when building with >> thin archives, so change this to linking them into the final link. >> >> Cc: Yoshinori Sato >> Cc: Rich Felker >> Cc: linux-sh@vger.kernel.org >> Signed-off-by: Nicholas Piggin >> --- > > SH maintainers, any comments for this patch? > > > I confirmed this patch solved the build error, > but I do not have access to any SH hardware. You can build and boot the kernel under qemu for several architectures (including sh4) by following the instructions on: https://github.com/landley/mkroot I believe I last built -rc6? You may need the attached patch to fix the serial port issue from: https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/msg26085.html Which is still there because the kernel guys don't care that they broke qemu, and the qemu guys are still using old kernel versions that work fine. My patch just reverts the kernel change (which enabled hardware buffer logic qemu doesn't implement). Rob