From: Jeremy Bennett <jeremy.bennett@embecosm.com>
To: openrisc@lists.librecores.org
Subject: [OpenRISC] Openrisc Specification
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 08:20:29 +0100	[thread overview]

On 04/10/16 01:24, Stafford Horne wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As many problably know opencores was offline for some time over the
> past week. The openrisc specification process currently depends on
> being able to post specifiations on the wiki here:
> http://opencores.org/or1k/Architecture_Specification
>
> Would anyone be apposed to moving the specification process to
> http://openrisc.io?  There is already a page for specification
> setup there.

Hi Stafford,

Until this post I had not realized that openrisc.io was set up by
FOSSi. We need the the librecores.org community hub pointing to it. We
also need the reverse pointer on openrisc.io landing page to point
back to FOSSi and librecores.org. A "FOSSi outside" logo or something!

> If we would agree I could do the work to 1. Add old specification
> history to the openrisc.io page 2. Describe the change submission
> process - Create a page change pull requests - Send mail to this
> mailing list for discssion - Periodically discuss the final cut of
> changes - Update the docs and post the changes back to the
> Specification page and download page
>
> All pages for openrisc.io are stored in git on github
> https://github.com/openrisc/openrisc.github.io
>
> Specication documentation (odf) hosted on github
> https://github.com/openrisc/doc

This is all a good idea, and thanks for offering to do it.  There is a
more general job to scrape opencores.org as a matter of urgency before
it goes down for good, so we don't lose 15 years of historical record!

Best wishes,

Jeremy

- --
Tel:     +44 (1590) 610184
Cell:    +44 (7970) 676050
SkypeID: jeremybennett
Twitter: @jeremypbennett
Email:   jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com
Web:     www.embecosm.com
PGP key: 1024D/BEF58172FB4754E1 2009-03-20