From: Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@pps.jussieu.fr>
To: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>
Cc: linux-acpi@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: ACPI failures on Dell Latitude E6220
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:55:37 +0100	[thread overview]

>> I've tried 3.0.0-3, 3.1.1-1, 3.1.4-1, 3.1.5-1 and 3.2~rc4-1~experimental.1,
>> and the system enters PC7 and has decent battery life under all of them.

> What's weird is how gradually it got fixed on your system. :)  First
> v3.1.5 was fixed and 3.2-rc4 not fixed, and then everything fixed.

No mystery there.  I ran apt-get upgrade, removed 3.2-rc4, then switched
to the 3.1.5 kernel.  I never tested 3.2-rc4 after the upgrade.

(Note by the way that it's actually looking more complex than that -- it
looks like there are three levels of power consumption, the inital very
high one, a medium one, and the low one that I'm enjoying right now.
I believe that I can reproduce the medium one on the older kernels, but
I'm not 100% positive about it -- I'd need to do some more precise
measurements.  The only thing that I'm 100% positive about is that the
CPU is reliably entering PC7 under all kernels now.)

> Would you still be interested in tracking the ACPI method parse/execution
> failures?

I'll be glad to help if I can do that without having to understand too
much about ACPI.

-- Juliusz