From: Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com>
To: David Brown <davidb@codeaurora.org>
Cc: Eugene Sajine <euguess@gmail.com>, git@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: plain text only policy prohibits the use of android based mobile devices
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:32:43 -0700	[thread overview]

David Brown <davidb@codeaurora.org> writes:

> On Wed, May 18 2011, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> But I tend to consider that not allowing pure text messages is a gmail
>> bug/misfeature and needs to be fixed not by allowing html cruft on the
>> list, but by enabling poor gmail users to send pure text when they
>> want to.
>
> Doesn't clicking on "Plain text" work?  There are several people on lkml
> (includng Linus, I believe) who use gmail.

The WebMail interface let's you do that, but that is not what is discussed
here (see the original message from Eugene).

On phones and Honeycomb tablet, no. The app gives "Reply Inline" and
"Include Original" control, and when both are active, the user is fooled
into thinking it would be sent in the text/plain, but it always seems to
send mixed.