* RBD Utilization
       [not found] <1674621217.33764396.1458725323072.JavaMail.zimbra@redhat.com>
@ 2016-03-23  9:35 ` Anmol Babu
From: Anmol Babu @ 2016-03-23  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel,
	Team discussions around SDS management program (aka
	"USM" or "RHS Controller")

Hi,

I would like to know how much of my storage is rbd consumed.

Is there a way I can get this info using some command?

Awaiting your valuable response.

Thanks,
Anmol

* Re: RBD Utilization
@ 2016-03-23 10:01   ` M Ranga Swami Reddy
From: M Ranga Swami Reddy @ 2016-03-23 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anmol Babu
  Cc: ceph-devel,
	Team discussions around SDS management program (aka USM or RHS
	Controller)

Try with:

ceph df       // will give better information on all pools used and
avail storage.

Thanks
Swami

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Anmol Babu <anbabu@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how much of my storage is rbd consumed.
>
> Is there a way I can get this info using some command?
>
> Awaiting your valuable response.
>
> Thanks,
> Anmol

* Re: RBD Utilization
@ 2016-03-23 10:30     ` Anmol Babu
From: Anmol Babu @ 2016-03-23 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M Ranga Swami Reddy
  Cc: ceph-devel,
	Team discussions around SDS management program (aka USM or RHS
	Controller)

No ceph df gives utilizations of all pools right?

Although the default rbd pool has the name rbd, there's no restriction and/or indication to suggest a pool as containing block devices right?

So, I wanted a command or a way in general to find the space occupied by rbd's in the cluster

Thanks,
Anmol

ceph df       // will give better information on all pools used and
avail storage.

Thanks
Swami

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Anmol Babu <anbabu@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how much of my storage is rbd consumed.
>
> Is there a way I can get this info using some command?
>
> Awaiting your valuable response.
>
> Thanks,
> Anmol

* Re: RBD Utilization
@ 2016-03-23 14:28       ` Bruce
From: Bruce @ 2016-03-23 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anmol Babu, M Ranga Swami Reddy
  Cc: ceph-devel,
	Team discussions around SDS management program (aka USM or RHS
	Controller)

What I like to do is create a pool for each rbd. Then using any of the
commands that provide per pool stats now also reflect each rbd.

On 03/23/2016 03:30 AM, Anmol Babu wrote:
> No ceph df gives utilizations of all pools right?
>
> Although the default rbd pool has the name rbd, there's no restriction and/or indication to suggest a pool as containing block devices right?
>
> So, I wanted a command or a way in general to find the space occupied by rbd's in the cluster
>
> Thanks,
> Anmol

* Re: RBD Utilization
@ 2016-03-24 10:42   ` Mykola Golub
From: Mykola Golub @ 2016-03-24 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anmol Babu
  Cc: ceph-devel,

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 05:35:28AM -0400, Anmol Babu wrote:

> I would like to know how much of my storage is rbd consumed.

rbd du

--
Mykola Golub

* Re: RBD Utilization
@ 2016-03-24 11:37         ` Ilya Dryomov
From: Ilya Dryomov @ 2016-03-24 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce
  Cc: Anmol Babu, M Ranga Swami Reddy, ceph-devel,

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Bruce <bkmcfarland@earthlink.net> wrote:
> What I like to do is create a pool for each rbd. Then using any of the
> commands that provide per pool stats now also reflect each rbd.

You should use "rbd du" for this.  RADOS pools have substantial
cluster-wide overhead (a pool is basically a set of PGs), you do not
want to create one pool per image.

Thanks,

                Ilya