at 3:00 PM, Bjorn Helgaas wrote: > So I wonder if we should just disallow VPD access for these NICs > except on function 0. There was a little bit of discussion in that > direction at [2]. If this is done, you'll have to be sure that any non-0 functions assigned to guests (which will appear as function 0 to the guest!) does not appear to have VPD and block access to those resources. That seems kind of messy, but should work. One hopes that no guest drivers are hard-wired to assume VPD presence based on the device type. -- Mark Rustad (he/him), Ethernet Products Group, Intel Corporation