On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 4:20:13 PM CEST Linus Lüssing wrote: > On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 03:39:23PM +0200, Simon Wunderlich wrote: > > Hi Andreas, > > > > yes, those are loop detection packets. Preventing these entries from the > > local translation table has been implemented only recently. We can > > potentially do the same for global addresses as well, it just hasn't been > > done so far ... at least I don't see a reason prevening us from that. It > > is probably added by "speedy join" in the first place. > > This was the case at least for me. Andreas, do yours have the > temporary flag set, too? > > I'm wondering why these packets end up in the mesh in the first > place. (Preventing things as late as in tt_gobal_add() / on > mesh receiving nodes seems like a workaround?) Hey Linus, we actually want those frames to pass through the mesh - otherwise we can't find out if "regular" packets would loop through the mesh, so we have handle those special packets like regular ones. If we don't want to see them, we have to hide them, but we can't remove the packet without hurting the functionality. :) Cheers, Simon