From: Andras Szemzo <szemzo.andras@gmail.com>
To: Cyrille Pitchen <cyrille.pitchen@wedev4u.fr>
Cc: linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org, dwmw2@infradead.org,
	computersforpeace@gmail.com, boris.brezillon@free-electrons.com,
	marek.vasut@gmail.com, Richard Weinberger <richard@nod.at>
Subject: Re: Issue with Micron QSPI flash in 4.14-rc1
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 10:15:29 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

> On 2017. Sep 26., at 1:00, Cyrille Pitchen <cyrille.pitchen@wedev4u.fr> wrote:
>
> thanks for your report, I'll try to study it more closely and propose a
> fixup withing the next few days (thinking about invert the logic of
> SKIP_SFDP to disable the parsing by default and enable it memory by
> memory when needed) but here some comments:

Summarizing my testings:

- my 'old' bootloader code was working fine prior the SFDP table patches, and uses quad mode 4_4_4.
- with ‘old’ bootloader the SFDP table patched spi-nor was not working.
- as I replaced my bloader with new driver, which also use SFDP parsing and using mode 1_4_4,
it works fine with/without SFDP patched spi-nor.

I’m still not sure what is going on exactly, but it seems this is my problem only, and the SFDP patch is OK.

Sorry for generating noise...

Regards,
Andras