All of lore.kernel.org
From: tyranastrasz@gmx.de
To: antlists <antlists@youngman.org.uk>,
	linux-raid@vger.kernel.org, Phil Turmel <philip@turmel.org>,
	NeilBrown <neilb@suse.com>
Subject: Re: Restoring a raid0 for data rescue
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 02:46:27 +0200	[thread overview]

On 02.08.20 22:50, antlists wrote:
> On 02/08/2020 21:38, tyranastrasz@gmx.de wrote:

>>> No, I have the disks in my pc.
>>> The server can't boot the disks because Intel Storage says the raid has
>>> a failure, because one of the disks has no raid information. But as I
>>> read them both yesterday they had, now (see the last attachment) one of
>>> them has none.
>>> It makes no sense... I need the files
>>>
>>> Intel means "yeah make a new raid, with data loss" that's no option.
>>>
>>> Nara
>>

>> I tried something what was told here
>> https://askubuntu.com/questions/69086/mdadm-superblock-recovery
>>
>> root@Nibler:~# mdadm --create /dev/md0 -v -f -l 0 -c 128 -n 2 /dev/sdd
>> /dev/sdb
>
> OH SHIT !!!
>
> You didn't try booting with a rescue disk? That mistake could well cost
> you the array :-( I'm out of my depth ...
>
> https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid
> https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid#When_Things_Go_Wrogn
>
> I've called in the heavy cavalry, and fortunately with 1.2 the damage
> might not be too bad.
>
> Here's hoping,
> Wol

What do you mean with 1.2?

Should I do?
https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Recovering_a_damaged_RAID

I wait for an answer so I do it not more complicated :/
But is it not possible to merge both disks together into a virtual one,
block by block?
Our put the old superblock back?

I dunno what's the best solution.

Thanks