* [amdgpu] script to generate a VCE 1.0 amdgpu compatible firmware
@ 2017-11-23  5:53 Alexandre Demers
       [not found] ` <647a0989-7c2a-0dc8-c4c9-a20a661331d3-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Alexandre Demers @ 2017-11-23  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amd-gfx-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW, Christian König

Hi,

I just want to let you know that I'm still alive and still committed to
porting VCE 1.0 from radeon to amdgpu. However, for many reasons, I've
been pretty much unable to work on the code since my last communication.

That being said, I've created a script based on Piotr Redlewski's work
to generate a compatible VCE 1.0 firmware with amdgpu. The script can be
found on GithubGist:
https://gist.github.com/Oxalin/ba9aa9c1c1912e68f76dadcad436d1a4

Now, I've read the patchset sent by Redlewski for adding UVD on GCN 1
devices. Christian, since you were to see if AMD could release a new UVD
firmware with header and correct 40bit addressing, could you ask if an
official VCE 1.0 firmware with an official header (and whatever else
could be needed) be released at the same time?

Cheers

--
Alexandre Demers

* Re: [amdgpu] script to generate a VCE 1.0 amdgpu compatible firmware
       [not found] ` <647a0989-7c2a-0dc8-c4c9-a20a661331d3-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-11-28 16:34   ` Alexandre Demers
       [not found]     ` <b655b477-2099-c7c6-2539-64262f738134-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Alexandre Demers @ 2017-11-28 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amd-gfx-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW, Christian König

On 2017-11-23 00:53, Alexandre Demers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just want to let you know that I'm still alive and still committed to
> porting VCE 1.0 from radeon to amdgpu. However, for many reasons, I've
> been pretty much unable to work on the code since my last communication.
>
> That being said, I've created a script based on Piotr Redlewski's work
> to generate a compatible VCE 1.0 firmware with amdgpu. The script can be
> found on GithubGist:
> https://gist.github.com/Oxalin/ba9aa9c1c1912e68f76dadcad436d1a4
>
> Now, I've read the patchset sent by Redlewski for adding UVD on GCN 1
> devices. Christian, since you were to see if AMD could release a new UVD
> firmware with header and correct 40bit addressing, could you ask if an
> official VCE 1.0 firmware with an official header (and whatever else
> could be needed) be released at the same time?
>
> Cheers

The script now lives on github at the following address:
git@github.com:Oxalin/vce-1.0-fw-convertor.git

Christian, any news about official VCE and UVD firmwares from AMD?

@ 2017-11-28 17:36       ` Christian König
From: Christian König @ 2017-11-28 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alexandre.f.demers-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w,
	amd-gfx-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW, Christian König

Am 28.11.2017 um 17:34 schrieb Alexandre Demers:
> On 2017-11-23 00:53, Alexandre Demers wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just want to let you know that I'm still alive and still committed to
>> porting VCE 1.0 from radeon to amdgpu. However, for many reasons, I've
>> been pretty much unable to work on the code since my last communication.
>>
>> That being said, I've created a script based on Piotr Redlewski's work
>> to generate a compatible VCE 1.0 firmware with amdgpu. The script can be
>> found on GithubGist:
>> https://gist.github.com/Oxalin/ba9aa9c1c1912e68f76dadcad436d1a4
>>
>> Now, I've read the patchset sent by Redlewski for adding UVD on GCN 1
>> devices. Christian, since you were to see if AMD could release a new UVD
>> firmware with header and correct 40bit addressing, could you ask if an
>> official VCE 1.0 firmware with an official header (and whatever else
>> could be needed) be released at the same time?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
> The script now lives on github at the following address:
> git@github.com:Oxalin/vce-1.0-fw-convertor.git
>
> Christian, any news about official VCE and UVD firmwares from AMD?

Yeah, we talked about that just yesterday.

VCE shouldn't be to much of an issue. The main problem is that we need
to figure out the latest tested version for SI and then throw that into
the generator.

UVD is a bigger problem. Currently still looking into this.

Regards,
Christian.