I can't think of any Volume Manager that would let you mirror disks from 2 separate VGs... I know Veritas won't let you, unless they've changed something in the last version or 2... But other than that I wouldn't see why you couldn't use 2 different fabrics, they're just disks to LVM... If you're having trouble managing 200+ PVs, just build the LV first using only disks from 1 fabric, then make the second fabric available/visible, and add a mirror using only those disks... I think that would work... On 12/20/06, mathias.herzog@postfinance.ch wrote: > > Hi, > > Using lvm2, I would like to mirror a logical volume between two > different SAN fabrics to guarantee high availability for my data, even > if a whole SAN fabric crashes. > Is there a possibility in lvm2 to define two volume groups, put the > disks from fabric1 into group 1 and the disks from fabric2 into group 2 > and then create the mirror over the two groups? I didn't find much > documentation for lvm2 about this, I just know that other Volume > Managers can handle it. > > It's essential to group the discs together because I use like 100 discs > for each mirror and I have to be sure that mirroring takes place between > the two different SAN storages. > > Mathias > > > > Sicherheitshinweis: > Dieses E-Mail von PostFinance ist signiert. Weitere Informationen finden > Sie unter: > https://www.postfinance.ch/e-signature. > Geben Sie Ihre Sicherheitselemente niemals Dritten bekannt. > > _______________________________________________ > linux-lvm mailing list > linux-lvm@redhat.com > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-lvm > read the LVM HOW-TO at http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/ > > >