From: Herman van Hazendonk <me@herrie.org>
To: Pietro <pulsarpietro@posteo.net>
Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: Yocto and Google protobuffer
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 12:21:54 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Pietro,

You can override the recipe by adding a recipe for version 3.0.0+ in
your own layer and making sure your layer has a higher priority in
bblayers.conf. See for example what we do in our project:

https://github.com/webOS-ports/webos-ports-setup/blob/testing/conf/bblayers.conf

openembedded-core provides ofono 1.1.7 for example with
https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded-core/tree/krogoth/meta/recipes-connectivity/ofono

However we want to use ANOTHER version of ofono (1.1.7 based, but from a
different repo/project).

So we have our own .bbappend at
https://github.com/webOS-ports/meta-webos-ports/blob/krogoth/meta-luneos/recipes-connectivity/ofono/ofono_git.bbappend
where we specify the different repo etc to use.

This doesn't apply 1:1 in your case, but you could simply add a
protobuf_3.0.0.bb in your own layer and it should build that instead.
Just make sure you have your layer at a higher position compared to
meta-openembedded in your bblayers.conf

Herrie