On 04/19/2018 10:01 AM, Marc-André Lureau wrote: > Hi, > > This series aims to get rid of the distinction between QObject, that > must use qobject_incref/qobject_decref and its various derived types > that have to use QINCREF/QDECREF. Instead, replace it with > qobject_ref/qobject_unref for all types. Related question: should we do the same thing for qdict_put() vs. qdict_put_obj()? That is, now that we have an easy way to always use QOBJECT(), it makes more sense to just have: QObject *o; QDict *d; qdict_put(dict, key1, o); qdict_put(dict, key2, d); rather than having to distinguish based on the type of the third argument. Similar for QList additions. -- Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer Red Hat, Inc. +1-919-301-3266 Virtualization: qemu.org | libvirt.org