Hi, I'm CCing Alexandre Montplaisir, who will be able to either answer those questions, or relay them to the appropriate TMF developers. Thanks! Mathieu ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Stavros Giannakopoulos" > To: lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org > Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:56:23 AM > Subject: Tracing custom text file using TMF or LTTV question > Greetings, > i am running a project on behalf or Ericsson Sweden regarding tracing on a > custom multicore architecture. > I came across your tools through a colleague and It seems that they might be > appropriate for our work, especially TMF since we already utilize > eclipse quite heavily. > I have some technical questions though, and I would like some feedback so I > know whether our specifications can be covered by that or some similar tool. > Please forward this email to the appropriate department if possible. > The specifications we have are: > 1. The trace we are interested in is a process-centric view of the events (or > actors in our system) along with their respective threads, that will run on > specific cores. > 2. We don’t need to capture the traces, that has been already done, only to > parse the generated file and produce a graphical view that includes the > processes, threads, cores and the messages that trigger new processes. > is that possible? > 3. We have the trace files in .lat format already which are generated by > using the Flexus tools. What I want to know if there is a conversion tool > available or we need to develop a script to do the conversion to a suitable > format (CTF). And if the TMF or LTTV can produce this result from a custom > trace file and not a kernel trace. > Observe on Fig 1 a simplified view of our needs. In practice there will be a > few thousands processes in tens of cores and the start/end times and the > messages are essential. > Fig 1: Example of result wanted. > Please reply on my email: stavros.giannakopoulos@ericsson.com > or contact Johan Mellgren at johan.q.mellgren@ericsson.com > Regards, > Stavros Giannakopoulos -- Mathieu Desnoyers EfficiOS Inc. http://www.efficios.com