Chris Wilson writes: > commit d21d781466785c317131a8a57606925867265dc8 > Author: Daniel Vetter > Date: Tue Feb 22 18:31:44 2011 +0100 > > Fix relaxed tiling on gen2 This one matches libdrm in using 16 for the tile height alignment on gen2. > Try enabling relaxed fencing again. > No. The clearest requirement is that the ddx (or other display server) > must treat incoming surfaces as tainted and validate them to be sure > that they work with its code paths. If it can't we have a choice of > either rejecting them outright, or staging them. If there's a stricter alignment requirement, then we must fix both the 2D driver and libdrm. Otherwise, the user's session will simply crash at startup. However, I still see absolutely no evidence that gen2 requires tile alignment to 32 rows, or that gen3+ requires tile alignment to 16 rows in any software configuration at all. -- keith.packard-ral2JQCrhuEAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org