Michael Zoran writes: > Add driver for the bcm2835 analog/headphone jack which > uses the PWM hardware to generate audio. > > Signed-off-by: Michael Zoran ALSA folks: is a driver like this acceptable? In particular, I'm wondering how you feel about the in-kernel munging of the audio buffers to something appropriate for the PWM hardware, before we get into review of driver details. This driver isn't quite a replacement for the closed source driver in the firmware (couple of notes: firmware seems to have some dithering of the audio values in the sigma delta modulation process, and a priority bump on the DMA because the PWM's fifo is tiny), but I'm definitely interested in us having something like it in open source.