* ANN: SELinux userspace 3.3-rc2 release candidate
@ 2021-09-22 15:29 Petr Lautrbach
From: Petr Lautrbach @ 2021-09-22 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

Hello,

A 3.3-rc2 release candidate for the SELinux userspace is now
available at:

https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/wiki/Releases

Please give it a test and let us know if there are any issues.

If there are specific changes that you think should be called out
in release notes for packagers and users in the final release
announcement, let us know.

Thanks to all the contributors to this release candidate!

Changes since 3.3-rc1
----------------------------------

* Improved code quality and bug fixes

Shortlog of changes since the 3.3-rc1 release
Christian Göttsche (14):
      libsepol: avoid implicit conversions
      libsepol: free memory after policy validation
      checkpolicy: enclose macro argument in parentheses
      checkpolicy: misc checkmodule tweaks
      checkpolicy: misc checkpolicy tweaks
      checkpolicy: mark read-only parameters in module compiler const
      checkpolicy: mark file local functions in policy_define static
      checkpolicy: add missing function declarations
      checkpolicy: resolve dismod memory leaks
      checkpolicy: avoid implicit conversion
      checkpolicy: error out on parsing too big integers
      checkpolicy: print warning on source line overflow
      checkpolicy: free extended permission memory
      libselinux/utils: drop requirement to combine compiling and linking

James Carter (3):
      libsepol/cil: Free duplicate datums in original calling function
      libsepol/cil: Do not use original type and typeattribute datums
      libsepol/cil: Handle operations in a class mapping when verifying

Petr Lautrbach (2):
      libsepol/cil: Fix detected RESOURCE_LEAK (CWE-772)
      Update VERSIONs to 3.3-rc2 for release.

Topi Miettinen (1):
      libsepol: fix typo

* Re: ANN: SELinux userspace 3.3-rc2 release candidate
@ 2021-09-27  8:37 ` Nicolas Iooss
From: Nicolas Iooss @ 2021-09-27  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Lautrbach, SElinux list

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 5:30 PM Petr Lautrbach <plautrba@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A 3.3-rc2 release candidate for the SELinux userspace is now
> available at:
>
> https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/wiki/Releases
>
> Please give it a test and let us know if there are any issues.
>
> If there are specific changes that you think should be called out
> in release notes for packagers and users in the final release
> announcement, let us know.
>
> Thanks to all the contributors to this release candidate!

Hello,
Thanks for the work! For information I packaged this rc on Arch Linux
and used it (in a test virtual machine) without any issue. In case
other Arch Linux users want to give it a try, I published the package
sources on a "selinux-3.3-rc" branch of
https://github.com/archlinuxhardened
(https://github.com/archlinuxhardened/selinux/commits/selinux-3.3-rc)
and the compiled packages are available as build artifacts on
https://github.com/archlinuxhardened/selinux/actions/runs/1275713288.

Thanks,
Nicolas