Stefan Wahren writes: >> Eric Anholt hat am 4. März 2019 um 19:28 geschrieben: >> >> >> Stefan Wahren writes: >> >> > Hi Maxime, >> > >> > Am 04.03.2019 um 15:52 schrieb Maxime Ripard: >> >> The current code assumes as soon as the device is an HDMI one that it >> >> supports an audio sink. However, strictly speaking, this is exposed as a >> >> separate part of EDID. >> >> >> >> This can be checked through the drm_detect_monitor_audio function, so let's >> >> use it and make sure that we can use the HDMI monitor as an output before >> >> sending sound. >> > >> > does the audio output work in the following setup after applying this patch? >> > >> > VC4 --- HDMI Audio extractor --- Non audio capable monitor >> >> A 1-minute google of audio extractors says they manage the EDID. Do you >> have some reason to think this wouldn't work? > > My only concern is the existence of some audio extractors which doesn't care about EDID. I that case we need to provide some kind of force switch. I'm having a hard time imagining such a product existing, given that I don't think Windows will have "ignore the EDID, force audio anyway" switches in their UIs.