Hi, Pawel Laszczak writes: > This patch introduce new Cadence USBSS DRD driver to linux kernel. > > The Cadence USBSS DRD Controller is a highly configurable IP Core which > can be instantiated as Dual-Role Device (DRD), Peripheral Only and > Host Only (XHCI)configurations. > > The current driver has been validated with FPGA burned. We have support > for PCIe bus, which is used on FPGA prototyping. > > The host side of USBSS-DRD controller is compliance with XHCI > specification, so it works with standard XHCI Linux driver. > > The host side of USBSS DRD controller is compliant with XHCI. > The architecture for device side is almost the same as for host side, > and most of the XHCI specification can be used to understand how > this controller operates. > > This controller and driver support Full Speed, Hight Speed, Supper Speed > and Supper Speed Plus USB protocol. > > The prefix cdnsp used in driver has chosen by analogy to cdn3 driver. > The last letter of this acronym means PLUS. The formal name of controller > is USBSSP but it's to generic so I've decided to use CDNSP. > > The patch 1: adds DT binding. > The patch 2: adds PCI to platform wrapper used on Cadnece testing > platform. It is FPGA based on platform. > The patches 3-5: add the main part of driver and has been intentionally > split into 3 part. In my opinion such division should not > affect understanding and reviewing the driver, and cause that > main patch (4/5) is little smaller. Patch 3 introduces main > header file for driver, 4 is the main part that implements all > functionality of driver and 5 introduces tracepoints. I'm more interested in how is this different from CDNS3. Aren't they SW compatible? -- balbi