On Tue Jan 26 2021, Vladimir Oltean wrote: > On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 02:44:50PM -0800, Vinicius Costa Gomes wrote: >> Avoid possible TX Hangs caused by using long Qbv cycles. In some >> cases, using long cycles (more than 1 second) can cause transmissions >> to be blocked for that time. As the TX Hang timeout is close to 1 >> second, we may need to reduce the cycle time to something more >> reasonable: the value chosen is 1ms. >> >> Signed-off-by: Vinicius Costa Gomes >> --- > > Don't you want this patch to go to 'net' and be backported? I'm wondering about this patch as well. Is this fix related to frame preemption? If I understand the code correctly the 1sec is a dummy cycle and all queues are open. How should Tx hang then? Thanks, Kurt