Hi Christoph and Swâmi, Christoph Anton Mitterer writes: > On Thu, 2019-09-12 at 12:53 +0200, Swâmi Petaramesh wrote: >> Yep, I assume that a big flashing red neon sign should be raised for >> a >> confirmed bug that can trash your filesystem into ashes, and >> actually >> did so for two of mine... > > I doubt this will happen... I've asked for something like this to be > set up on the last corruption bugs but there seems to be little > interest for a warning system for users. I used to track such bugs on the Debian wiki page for Btrfs...but users of Debian and derivatives continued to track sid/testing/stable-backports kernel, which made me feel like that work was a waste of time. Now that page has a warning that reads something along the lines of "sid/testing/backports kernels periodically have grave dataloss bugs. Please track the most recent upstream LTS kernel if a kernel newer than 4.19.x is required. That said, upstream appreciates bug reports using the most recent kernel available to you". If you'd like to maintain a section at the top of that page that tracks this type of issue, please go ahead. I'd rather work on getting boot environments working properly, then making them easy to use, then enabling staged upgrades in a rw snapshot before rotating that snapshot onto the rootfs. P.S. Do you want to co-found a BTRFS integration team in Debian? We're still quite a ways behind SUSE, and even Fedora is ahead of us now! Regards, Nicholas